Sunday, June 10, 2012

SOME OF MY WORK IN OIL

Hi guys, It's my pleasure to share some my works here for the first time! This is one of  my commissioned works done last January of last year, the epic fight between Margarito and Pacquiao.  It's a huge painting measuring 48"x 62" oil on canvas. I used to paint directly on the canvas but on this one I need to start it with monochrome to evaluate exact values and volume, so i need to wait for more than a day to let the paint dry then start coloring it space by space to retain the freshness of the paint till it dries. This process must be understood by the newbies out there and those who are planning to paint in the future specially if they preferred thick painting. It's very important for a painting to look fresh when it's already dry, putting varnish on a matte painting will destroy a painting's natural beauty. Beside that varnish can cause a painting to become yellowish after a year or two.
This painting is done within 4 to 5 days and I waited for almost a week to let the paint completely dry. To tell you the truth I've never done a painting after this one and i miss it so much. I tried to do new things since last year, DIGITAL PAINTINGS! LOL! But i'll be on track soon focusing on both traditional painting and digital. I can't wait to share those works to you guys! Keep your character guys and I'll keep mine, let's conquer the world with art! 

No comments:

Post a Comment